STANDARD ENGLISH EDITING
FAST, AFFORDABLE, NATIVE-ENGLISH EDITING BY AN EDANZ EXPERT
Our team of native English-speaking editors will edit the language in your manuscript, making sure it is ready for submission to the journal of your choice.
Enter your manuscript word count and order today!
Standard English Editing
WHAT TO EXPECT
Native English Speaking Editors
Your manuscript is checked and edited by a native English-speaking editor.
Affordable Editing Service
The price per word is $0.06. We accept manuscripts from 500 to 7,500 words.
Fast Turnaround Time
Your order will be completed within 3 business days. You can check your order status from the “My Account” page.
Easy Payment with Paypal
We accept payment through PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account you can pay by credit card through PayPal.
We have been helping scientists and researchers prepare their work for publication for 20+ years and have built a reputation as the leading author services provider in the industry. Visit www.edanzediting.com to learn about our other services and tools.
- Native English Editor
- Language editing for correct spelling, grammar, and sentence structure
- Correct & natural word usage check
- Tables & figures and references edited for spelling, grammar, and consistency
- Full transparency: always know who edits your document
- Fast 3 day turnaround
Choose Standard Editing if:
you are confident about the structure of your manuscript and are looking for a final language and grammar check before submission.
Choose Expert Editing if:
your manuscript needs an in-depth edit to improve the structure and flow, and to ensure appropriate technical terminology and phrasing.
- Native English Editor who is an expert in your scientific field
- Improve readability by editing for consistency, clarity, and conciseness
- Check logic of sentences
- Edit to the guidelines of your target journal
- Terminology check: ensure correct terminology is used
- Figure, table, and reference editing
- Advice from the editor about how to improve the manuscript
- Free 2nd round of editing
- Editor Q&A: you can ask questions and check with the editor about the edit
- Edanz Editing Certificate (on request)
What is the difference between Standard Editing and Expert Editing?
Standard Editing checks spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Natural word usage and sentence structure are also checked and corrected. Standard Editing is performed by an experienced native-English speaking Edanz Editor.
Expert Editing includes all features of Standard Editing, but is performed by a native-English speaking editor who is an expert in your scientific field. The expert editor will also check the internal logic of your sentences, ensure that field-specific terms are used correctly, and check that the structure of your manuscript is correct. You will also receive suggestions about how to further improve the manuscript. Editing of tables & figures and references is included.
The expert editor will also use the guidelines of your target journal to edit your manuscript appropriately. You can also request a free 2nd round of editing before submitting to your journal. A re-edit after submission is available at 50% of the regular rate.
Do I have to wait for a price quote?
No. Our prices are set in advance based on your total word count, the services you choose, and your desired turnaround time. If you need a formal quote for your institution, please contact us directly and we will be happy to provide one.
How do I calculate the word count of my manuscript?
The word count of your documents includes the text, tables & figures, and references.
Tables & figures and references: if you don’t want these edited, please remove these from your document. You can use the word count function in Microsoft Word to determine your word count.
How will my tables & figures and references be edited?
Your tables & figures and references will be edited for spelling, grammar and consistency.
Tables & Figures
- Check and correct the spelling/language of the text within the tables/figures and legends
- Check that the style and formatting conform with the target journal’s instructions for authors, or are consistent if there is no target journal
We will edit the reference list at the end of your document: spelling and punctuation, typography, spacing, and reducing the number of author names. We won’t change the format, find missing author names, or check the validity or accuracy of the reference. We will:
- Correct spelling and punctuation as per target journal instructions
- Adjust typography (e.g., bold, italics) as per target journal instructions
- Correct spacing, replace Asian characters, correct journal title style guide
- Reduce the number of listed author names in references as per journal requirements
- Correct the in-text citation style as per target journal instructions